IT Business and Quality Assurance Analyst
|Job Title||Business Analyst, Quality Assurance|
|Time Zone||Eastern Standard Time|
|Creation Date||20 Aug 2021|
|Last Modified||30 Aug 2021|
Agileana is a lean, agile team that works hard to deliver value to our clients, in a friendly and respectful working environment. For some, being Agile means working around the clock. To us, Agile works best when we are able to work at a sustainable pace indefinitely. We shouldn’t have to work overtime, evenings, or weekends, to keep up with our commitments.
Keeping you happy and engaged is essential to working at a healthy velocity. We focus on the challenge of how to make our teams productive, being able to develop quickly while also deploying securely and with confidence. Agile works best with motivated individuals. We want to learn what motivates you, so we can keep you happy and productive.
We are lean, which denotes efficiency, waste reduction, competitive rates to our customers, and attractive compensation to our employees. The leaner we perform, the more efficient and productive we are, benefiting everybody in the long run.
The people at Agileana are friendly, kind, and funny. Sometimes we get together outside of work and support each other in our goals - both professional and personal.
The IT Business and Quality Assurance Analyst at Agileana acts as the gatekeeper between our development team and our clients. Ensuring that our deliverables meet client expectations and requirements and follow industry best practices standards. The IT/BA/QA is involved throughout the entire project life cycle, creates test cases, use cases, regression testing, and becomes a subject matter expert for each project.
The BA/QA/IT expert is a unique individual who possesses a combination of information technology, business analysis, and quality assurance expertise. The BA/QA/IT expert has an in-depth understanding of how to determine and assess customer needs to define new software requirements and has deep technical expertise in testing including the ability to write test cases and use testing automation software, to ensure the final product satisfies business objectives and user expectations.
Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) and may require an entry-level federal security clearance process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Discover, organize, and clarify business needs and review/produce specifications for change
- Understand the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Liaise between stakeholders, product owners, user representatives, and the technical development team
- Facilitate the negotiation of requirements across multiple stakeholders.
- Identify the current- and future-state business processes.
- Help the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future.
- Create, analyze, and validate detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitate design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Prioritize requirements from various stakeholders
- Communicate, translate, and simplify business requirements to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders
- Assess change-proposals and define solutions to help the organization achieve its goals
- Work with the development team to ensure that they understand the specifications.
- Work with training team to document system scenarios and identify roles impacted to help develop a change management/training plan.
- Conduct business process modeling and generate applicable scenarios for the technology functionality testing team.
- Deliver elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Track and report progress and velocity
- Review project requirements and related documentation such as sitemaps, wireframes, information architecture specifications & functional specifications, providing timely and meaningful feedback
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test reports on different projects.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to ensure that requirements are testable.
- Design, develop and execute test automation scripts using open-source tools such as Selenium automates browser.
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs
- Document and report defects to the project team.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Monitor debugging process results
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- Work with project managers to determine the most effective testing strategy for projects of varying complexity and size
- Document, prioritize, and resolve bugs, working within a bug tracking system such as JIRA
- Participate as an active team member within an Agile approach
- Work with content management systems, (AEM, Sitecore, Drupal, WordPress)
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience.
- Research and compare similar competitor products.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience
- 5+ years experience with web-based, open-source, content management systems
- Familiarity with ADA, Section 508 compliance, and WCAG 2.0 standards
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools including Selenium
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) certification
- Skilled in the use of issue tracking SW (JIRA) to document, track, and resolve defects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - technically and non-technically.
- Ability to effectively manage time and identify and focus on priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and directly with peers, managers, and clients through multiple communication outlets.
- Emotional intelligence, tactfulness, and outstanding customer service attitude.
- Analytical mind with the ability to understand data, processes, and variables.
- A keen eye for detail - both visually and technically (code and data).
- Resourceful, creative, problem-solving.
- Should have experience testing applications, Selenium, and cross-browser testing tools preferred.
- Perform various types of testing for AWS S3, Data Pipelines, Lambda, Kinesis, and MuleSoft Components, etc.
- Able to take ownership of the process while leading development to a complete and successful conclusion.
- Structured, organized, attentive to detail
- Creative, confident, and enthusiastic
- Responsible, accountable
- Team player
- Adaptive, responsive, agile
- Committed, dedicated
- Excellent and competitive salaries
- Excellent healthcare insurance (for U.S. based employees and their families)
- Liberal leave, flexible schedule, and Company holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Great clients, challenging work assignments
- Outstanding Team members who will go out of their way to help each other
- Positive company culture and healthy work environment
- Travel, training, and technology budget
Back to Roles and Job Descriptions