Brief intro to Agileana
Who we are
Agileana is an agile web development company. Our goal was to create a company that empowers people to do what they love, with the colleagues they enjoy, while getting paid well, and with time to pursue other passions in life. If you are a competent, transparent, and responsible professional then you will find that Agileana is truly a great place to work, that is satisfying and enjoyable.
What sets us apart
As our name implies, we are lean and agile. We have a very high concentration of Acquia certified Drupal professionals including triple-certified Drupal experts. Our niche is building Drupal websites for government agencies.
What REALLY sets us apart
There are millions of companies around the world, but there are only a few great companies. Agileana strives to be a great company. Our company culture is strong and we are a people-first, family-first, health-first company. We believe that happy employees beget happy clients who beget happy employees.
Speaking of Culture
We are patient and kind. We are proud yet humble. We strive to do the right thing because we are in it for the long haul. We seek long-term relationships with both clients and team members. This is a company and culture that we are proud of. It gives us great satisfaction to be on this journey together.
What is the best thing about the company?
- Blake Newman - Of course, the people. I’ve worked with some of them for over 15 years. They are like my brothers and sisters and sons and daughters. They are my friends. We enjoy spending time with each other. They have great personalities and are fun to be around. They freely give their time, talent, and attention to those in need. They are not in it for themselves, per se. They are not takers. They are highly competent and responsible. The best thing about my job is that I enjoy what I do. It’s fun. It doesn’t seem like work to me. Every day is different. It is challenging. I learn all the time. I love the people I work with. Everybody is so professional, competent, and caring. We have interesting clients and it is fun to be part of their team and mission. It is a good mixture of reading, writing, interacting, thinking, etc.
- Shefali Naik - The best thing about the company is the culture that has been developed over the years. We are like an extended family who care about the success of the company but care equally about each other's lives. We celebrate our similarities and embrace our differences. The best thing about my job is difficult to choose just one aspect since I enjoy multiple facets of this job. But flexibility would be my top pick. Being a working mom has its challenges but this job has helped me contribute effectively to work while not missing any of my motherly responsibilities. At Agileana, we care that the work gets done with quality and on-time not necessarily from 9 to 5. Also, I feel like a valued partner in the company and that is deeply gratifying.
- Gordon Makely - There is a dedicated group of extremely sharp people who are intent on pulling together as a team. All of whom are led by an extremely dedicated, proficient, forward-thinking person who sees the potential in the parts as well as the whole. I get to work with some really diverse and amazing people. They have talents both inside the office as well as outside. They are supportive of each other, whether it be about the work or about their personal lives.
- Felipe Ceballos - All the people in the company are nice and professional. Thanks to our Agile methodology, we are in constant communication with the client and while there may be urgent tasks from time to time, we are usually managing the time in a way that we don't need rush, that gives us time to deliver quality. The project keeps bringing up some challenges, opportunities to acquire knowledge on technologies and ways to improve. I feel happy with my salary. I work from my place, where I feel comfortable, and which benefits the company since there are some savings on unnecessary expenses.
- Addie Wolcott - Agileana is truly a people first company that puts it's clients and employees above profit. They invest in you as an individual and support your growth professionally and personally. Because of this, I am able to work in a role that is fulfilling. I also get to collaborate with all co-workers, regardless of their titles or seniority. Your input matters. Everyone is approachable, kind, and thoughtful. My favorite part of my job is the people I get to work with. I enjoy learning from them professionally and personally. I also feel so supported by the entire company to continue learning and professionally developing into a career path I am passionate about. I am constantly learning and growing with the company.
- "Gordon, Evan, Carlos, great job! From the successful Drupal 9 migration and go-live, post go-live remediation efforts, and the container upgrade effort, I want to say thank you and the [Agileana] agency. I appreciate everything you do to keep the website up and functioning." Antoine Green, Web Team Leader, Federal Communications Commission (FCC.GOV).
- "Dear Lucas & Team, Wonderful! Thank you so much for your incredible work! This is very exciting, and we greatly appreciate you and the beautiful end result. Kind regards," Zhanna Ivanova, Project Lead, CRDF Global
- "Hi Blake, ...I have to say it helps to have an excellent vendor working with us. The team you have created is working incredibly well with NARA." Jim Mischke, COR, National Archives.
- "Thank you so much Sergio. I appreciate your website wizardry." Laurie Austin, Harry S. Truman Library, National Archives and Records Administration.
- "Thank you for all the great work. You delivered a great product under such a tight schedule and in a high stress environment. Data.gov could not have launched the new design without your help. Thank you.” Takahiko Naito, Project Manager, REI Systems.
- "I would be remiss if I didn't highlight how lost we would be without Virginia especially. Virginia is considered an extension of our internal staff. She has saved us from creating systems that wouldn't work as well by reminding us of our own operating procedures, and ensures success with every project she works on. We constantly have multiple projects happening at once, often completing deadlines. Virginia ensures we stay on track with these projects, as well as aware of every option available to us. Her project management skills are extraordinary and a testament to your organization at large. She approaches every project with enthusiasm and clarity, and is exceptionally reliable." Rebecca Copeland, Digital Projects Senior Analyst, Georgetown University on behalf of the U.S. Department of State (State Department)
- “Blake, You’ve been better than great…everyone here is very impressed.“ Julie Baker, Director, Business Development, DB Consulting Group
- “I wanted to personally stop and thank Felipe Ceballos, Megan and David for their tireless work over the past three LONG evenings. Our site looks amazing for this morning's launch. I greatly appreciate their hard work and dedication to making this happen. THANK YOU! You guys are awesome!“ Keary Crawford, Co-Founder / COO, Growth Cloud
Back to Main Page