Team Leader, Project Manager, Quarterback
|Job Title||Project Manager|
|Time Zone||Eastern Standard Time|
|Creation Date||20 Aug 2021|
|Last Modified||30 Aug 2021|
Agileana is a lean, agile team that works hard to deliver value to our clients, in a friendly and respectful working environment. For some, being Agile means working around the clock. To us, Agile works best when we are able to work at a sustainable pace indefinitely. We shouldn’t have to work overtime, evenings, or weekends, to keep up with our commitments.
Keeping you happy and engaged is essential to working at a healthy velocity. We focus on the challenge of how to make our teams productive, being able to develop quickly while also deploying securely and with confidence. Agile works best with motivated individuals. We want to learn what motivates you, so we can keep you happy and productive.
We are lean, which denotes efficiency, waste reduction, competitive rates to our customers, and attractive compensation to our employees. The leaner we perform, the more efficient and productive we are, benefiting everybody in the long run.
The people at Agileana are friendly, kind, and funny. Sometimes we get together outside of work and support each other in our goals - both professional and personal.
Working as part of the Agileana family, the Agile Project Manager (PM) will provide internal and external clients with a central point of contact for projects. The individual is accountable for leading the project teams to ensure that client requirements and deliverables are met.
This involves end-to-end management of a project, encompassing effective management of client communication and use of the appropriate tools to ensure the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and completion of projects. In support of a project, a PM will assist with requirements analysis, budget tracking and reporting, quality assurance, process modeling, 360 degree communication, tasking and delegation. You will be supported by a team of equally competent, dedicated, and committed team members.
The right candidate is highly organized, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, has strong project management skills, and is passionate about web and information technology.
Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) and will require an entry level federal security clearance process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources and manage resources needed to reach objectives
- Prepare a budget based on the scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates consistently to various stakeholders
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards
- Monitor progress and adapt work as required
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Ensure projects meet deadlines
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Design risk mitigation plan
- Seek and cultivate growth opportunities from within the client relationship
- Identify and surface resourcing gaps that slow our momentum
- Lead by example
- 5+ years working in project management and/or business analysis in a government technology environment
- Bachelor's degree in business information systems, business technology, computer science, or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) certification
- ITIL 4 Foundation Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Strong D/I on the DiSC personality profile
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - technically and non-technically
- Ability to effectively manage time and identify and focus on priorities
- Emotional intelligence, tactfulness, and outstanding customer service attitude
- Analytical mind with ability to understand data, processes, and variables
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- A keen eye for detail - both visually and technically (code and data)
- Resourceful, creative, problem solving
- Structured, organized, attentive to detail
- Creative, confident, and enthusiastic
- Responsible, accountable
- Team player
- Adaptive, responsive, agile
- Committed, dedicated
- Proactive (self-starter)
- Begin with the end in mind (goal-oriented)
- Put first things first (prioritize and focus)
- Think win/win (collaborative)
- Seek first to understand, then be understood (empathy, user centered, customer-centric)
- Synergize (leverage the team)
- Sharpen the saw (seek certifications, continuing education, self-improvement)
- Excellent and competitive salaries
- Excellent healthcare insurance (for U.S. based employees and their families)
- Liberal leave, flexible schedule, and Company holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Great clients, challenging work assignments
- Outstanding Team members who will go out of their way to help each other
- Positive company culture and healthy work environment
- Travel, training, and technology budget
Back to Roles and Job Descriptions